Our annual Local Native Plant Giveaway is now closed as we have sold out of all of our stock.
- Think about where you want to plant and how many plants you need.
- Consider the weed control and preparation required.
- Can you water and maintain the plants through at least their first season?
2. Order your plants
- Browse the species available.
- Select the number and types you need.
- Select a date and time slot to pick up your plants from The Shed Biodiversity Nursery.
- Submit your order online.
- We reserve the right to amend or substitute species or numbers ordered.
3. Pickup your order
- We need time to assemble your order so pickup needs to be at least 7 days later.
- Please ensure you can keep to this committed timeslot, this will allow our volunteers and staff to assist you.
- Pickup is from The Shed Biodiversity Nursery, 6 Conyngham Street, Glenside.
- We suggest a $2 donation per plant. This year all donations received during the plant giveaway will be given to Fauna Rescue of South Australia. Our volunteers will be fully supported by City of Burnside to keep growing so your donations will help keep our wildlife safe.
- No cash is accepted at the nursery. All donations can be made through the City of Burnside Civic Centre Customer Service:
- by credit card over the phone on 8366 4200; or
- in person at the Civic Centre Customer Desk.
- Details of how to make a donation to the Biodiversity Nursery will be provided with your order.
5. More Information
Unfortunately due to staffing constraints we cannot advise you individually on your planting needs at this time.
You can find some useful information on:
- Urban Biodiversity and creating wildlife friendly gardens
- South Australian native species in Census of SA Flora
- Powerline Friendly Trees
- SA Water website