Our annual Local Native Plant Giveaway opens for 2022 orders on Friday 27 May.
- Think about where you want to plant and how many plants you need.
- Consider the weed control and preparation required.
- Can you water and maintain the plants through at least their first season?
2. Order your plants
- Browse the species available.
- Select the number and types you need.
- Select a date and time slot to pick up your plants from The Shed Biodiversity Nursery.
- Submit your order online.
- We reserve the right to amend or substitute species or numbers ordered.
3. Pickup your order
- We need time to assemble your order so pickup needs to be at least 7 days later.
- Please ensure you can keep to this committed timeslot, this will allow our volunteers and staff to assist you.
- Pickup is from The Shed Biodiversity Nursery, 6 Conyngham Street, Glenside.
This year all donations collected by City of Burnside as part of the giveaway will be forwarded to Koala Rescue Inc. to help volunteers care for our wildlife. You can make a donation via PayPal or credit card when you place your order.
5. More Information
Unfortunately due to staffing constraints we cannot advise you individually on your planting needs at this time.
You can find some useful information on:
- Urban Biodiversity and creating wildlife-friendly gardens
- South Australian native species in Census of SA Flora
- Powerline Friendly Trees
- SA Water website